Re: Jag Results...

To: <edvs@idt.net>
Subject: Re: Jag Results...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:33:53 -0700
The Car number is 215 Its a white XJS and is what I would call PURE STOCK
less the drive train and it is the current record holder in BBGC 233
mph.... Stock bodied car with everything to include the license plate
(unless the Twin chutes are installed) (Did I mention how much Tom Bryants
Stopping advice helped? Thanks Tom...)

Keith Maxton 200mph club Life member (love that Life part)

----------
> From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Jag Results...
> Date: Monday, September 27, 1999 4:42 PM
>
> Way to go Keith! you da man! Congrats on the Maxton 2 club, must have
> been quite a ride with all that HP. Any chance we will see this ride at
> Bonneville?
> Ed
>
> Keith Turk wrote:
> >
> > First and foremost I need to thank Paul Chism for giving me the
opportunity
> > to Play with his Toy...(drive his Car)
> >
> > I wanted to understand more about Twin Turbo Charged Small Blocks...
never
> > did I expect to learn so much so fast....
> >
> > Paul's Jag Makes Huge horsepower... on the order of 1200-1400 but most
> > impressively it makes 1000lbs of Torque....(tire twisting types of
Torque
> > that John Force wouldn't sneeze at)
> >
> > we took it up to Maxton and made 5 Passes... the first was a check out
run
> > at 178 and the Second and fastest at 200.758 Mph..... and the next
three
> > where I got Paul looking around the pits for someone that could
Drive... I