Turbo Junk

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turbo Junk
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:07:54 -0700
Well Paul set me up with a of Turbo guy and we started the Process today of
understanding just how much this set up is going to cost.

WOW.... Like the man said... "Speed ain't Cheap ... How fast you want na
go! "

Looks like the initial Dip in the Lake will be about $9,000 to get us the
turbo's and the intercooler and the FP fuel injection and the complete
sensor package ... Intake, Cam,  and so on and so forth.... That gets us in
the ball park of being finished... then you have the little stuff like
Stainless Headers Fuel Cells Ice tank ... and so on...

I know this sounds like a ton of money but the real answer is that the
Basic Motor that puts out 1000 hp isn't cheap either... let alone
achievable in less then 305 Cubic inches.  My Goal was 800hp and he
convinced me to build in a little more then I needed in case I wanted to
get stupid and go for three hundred in a M/S one day....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )