Re: Turbo Junk

To: "David Haller" <dhaller@techline.com>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Turbo Junk
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 09:30:12 -0400
Well there are two ways you can do this. Start with a 366 truck engine
(plenty out there) bore it .030" and have a 371 cid BB when your done...it's
easy. Or take a 427 or 454 block (standard bore) and stick a de-stroked
crank in it (3.25" will do the trick)...bingo 369 cid. Joe Law used one of
these in his Lakester (twin turboed) and ran 330 MPH.

I bet you could build the 366 into a 1,600 HP twin turboed killer for a lot
less than what the same small block version would run. And the 454 block
version even with the custom crank will run you less than the SB in the long
run.

As for the "D" motor...again use the 366 block...bore it .060"...destroke to
3" and you wind up with  301 cid BB. Boy wouldn't that get a second look
from the boys in record certification.

Keith you've got the room in your Camaro...

John Beckett