Re: Life just got simpler

To: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Life just got simpler
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:39:40 -0700 (PDT)
I've been beating my head against the vice trying
to figure out how I could get the wheels, and
Goodyear Frontrunners I need to run the
(too-short) 3.54 gears that were in my donor car
and stay within my budget.  Then I find out the
rear end is trashed and I see more dollar signs.
As it turned out, there was a silver lining.  I
crawl under my other donor car (S-10 pickup) and
find out it has a nice tight 3.08:1 poisi-track
in it.  go figure!

With that rear gear, I can afford to shave a
couple inches of tire height and still be right
where I want to be.  I'm now looking at running
appropriate speed rated street tires, which are
much closer to my budget than the Front Runners
were. Not only that, now I don't have to find
some exotic 15 x 4 wheels. The good old 15 x 5
1/2 that I already have will work just fine.

The four speed that came out of the original
donor car looks like it might be adaptable to the
back of the flattie too.

I hope to have the frame rolling on four wheels
by Sunday night.  I already set the body on it
once to get a fire wall location (uhh, I checked
out the driving position too)- now I'll be ready
to lower in the motor and tranny and weld up some
mounts next week.

I may make it by June yet!

=====
Dick J - - ECTA #72