Direct driveing the Chrysler Torqueflite

To: "CIRCLECIND@aol.com" <CIRCLECIND@aol.com>,
Subject: Direct driveing the Chrysler Torqueflite
From: Beth Butters <bbutters@dmi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:30:59 -0700
                        HI guys,  I would like some input on running a locked
up  torque converter in front of  a torqueflight.   This is  running behind my
392  via a Wilcap adapter.  I have  opened up the  nose of the converter,
centered it on the shaft inside and welded it to the housing threw the pilot
with nickel rod.  Is this viable for  up to 900HP.  I know  TCI makes a direct
drive for T.F. but not with  the hemi cranks 8 holes.  How do the roundy round
guys start these cars as you just eliminated your starter ring gear and  as far
as I know you can't modify the T.F. to push start, or can you?  Any help would
be apreciated.  L. Kvach Butters