Re: Small engines

To: "Wester S Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>, <V4GR@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Small engines
From: "Gary & Bonnie LaRonge" <laronge@myhome.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:02:44 -0700
Being one of Fred's crew members I would like to toss in my two bits (some
of the change from the 300 run). Not only has the 'liner been around a long
time and still beautiful, Fred does not use the latest and greatest to get
the job done. '57 Chev 3 spd trans, early QC and the same engine block for
30 years. He breaks fewer parts than any racer I know. I can still see the
look on his face when he hopped out after the 314 mph one way. Smile from
ear to ear and two gallons of adrenaline still working. Old tech does still
have a place in racing if it is in the right hands and car 115 is proof of
it. Consistently setting records. Matter of fact it has a 260+ left in it
with the 120 incher as proven by the 260+ one way three years ago. We just
need to get some help and keep the track dry so he can do it again. You are
right Wes....small engines can still be fun!
Gary LaRonge