Re: Small engines

Subject: Re: Small engines
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:26:27 -0700
Just rememberd my favorite small engine story;
Sitting on the long course starting line, up pulls an obviously brand new
bike streamliner. No paint just grey primer, very narrow  very slippery.
The crew all wearing various Harly shop t-shirts get the rider belted in
and buttoned up. Crew member opens a small door on the side of the
bike and starts pulling on a recoil starter rope. Bazazz-bazazz a very tiny
two stroke starts screaming on high C.  I was expecting a big V-twin
noise from this group. Crew member then pulls on a lever engaging the
friction wheel to turn the fuel Harley over. No fuss, no rollers, no tow
just
babang babang , thud thud thud. One of the crew says 'ring dings are
usefull for something'.
I am always amaized at how fast a Bike streamliner can dissapear down
that black line.
Jim in Palmdalr