World Finals 10/20/99

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net land-speed@autox.team.net"
Subject: World Finals 10/20/99
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:44:03 -0600
On the salt today;
Salt conditions great, cool enough to wear a jacket or sweatshirt, damp at
the end of the road for a quarter of a mile but no standing water to drive
through, very little salt on the underside of the car, not a cloud in the
sky.  Dave Haller was having a ball.  Danny Boy went 339 on an FIA run,
fastest the car has ever gone. Vesco made a run but just to check out the
new engine ... will get on it tomorrow ... his push car wasn't needed
because he ran away from it very soon.  McBride and Moreau were in record
impound lined up with seven or more other cars, a heavy hauler and bikes.
Teague was ready to run last ... after my ride had to leave.  I'm driving my
car out tomorrow so I can come back when I want to.  George Potter lost some
ducting in the second timed mile, the car hopped about a foot and then he
just got back on it, he is in his personal heaven, just a huge grin.  Says
it's the only time he has made two runs and wasn't in impound.  Tom Bryant
had cleared inspection and was setting up.  Traction didn't seem to be a
problem for anyone.  The biggest problem was reading the air and getting the
jetting right.  They started in the North and ran FIA both ways but those
going for SCTA/USFRA records are making both runs from the North.  IT WAS
GRAND!
Wes