Re: World Finals Weather

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: World Finals Weather
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:04:58 -0700
October is a good time to be at Bonneville if the Fall weather holds.
(One year the World Finals was canceled because of snow.

This year, as most of the past years that I have attended, we had
morning temperatures in the low to mid thirties and highs in the
sixties. The relative altitude ranges from 3500 to 6000 feet and higher
humidity than Speedweek. The weather does make for strange A/F mixture
needs. Many people were having jetting problems, we ended up with
basically the same jet as at Speedweek (relative altitude would suggest
going richer).

Even though it is cooler the sunscreen is still needed to prevent
sunburn. but it seems a bit strange, being at Bonneville and finding
yourself moving out from under the shade to get warmer.

Tom