Re: Modified Roadster at the SCTA at the SCTA World Finals

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Modified Roadster at the SCTA at the SCTA World Finals
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:22:07 -0700
Doug
Great to see you on the salt with the new red roadster. Looks like with a new
block and a little more nitro that record will be yours. Man what a meet, anyone
not their missed the last of the century and one heck of a good meet. These are
more fun for me in the timing trailer as they are more relaxed then speedweek
that is very busy from daylight to dark.
IM sure by now that all interested parties are waiting for the results. They
should be out in a few days. I just re-ran all of the numbers and have sent them
to Pam Manghelli our webmaster. As soon as the record cert cards are finished we
compair and post them.

I know that no one was bored during the event and if they were they have a
personnal problem. Georgr Potter is OK after his 200 mph crash and has a heck of
a winter project to build a new car. On a sad note one of our El Mirage and
Bonneville bike racers had a heart related problem right after arriving on the
salt and passed away the next day. Mike Burns ran a fule Yamaha with a side car,
he will be missed by all.

There should be a lot written about this meet as the Vesco Turbinenator with a
427 mph record and 4 FIA records along with all of the BNI records in the books
all will have something to shoot for. The 254 mph electric car was impressive
for
sure as was the T-2 turbine car. Lots of neat stuff as always on the salt.

Hang in there and bring that roadster to El Mirage.

Glen Barrett
Chief Timer SCTA/BNI