Re: Modified Roadster at the SCTA at the SCTA World Finals

To: RhysLloyd@aol.com, AutoVint@pacbell.net, Warren.Atwood@dana.com,
Subject: Re: Modified Roadster at the SCTA at the SCTA World Finals
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:04:09 EDT
Hi Everybody,
    Just got back at midnite from Bonneville. We ran a 178 or so on alky on
Tuesday after having no problems with tech.
    Wednesday we ran a 193 and 198 on 50% (on a 201+ record) before splitting
the #3 cylinder wall. The engine didn't grenade, but I probably will have to
sleeve or replace the block.
    The car handled great and all systems worked including the entry and exit
handicapped procedures. I wnat to put a dry-sump system in for next year
(Rhys, give me your thoughts on where to mount the tank) plus make a few
other minor changes.
    The meet was probably the best one I've ever attended. Not a cloud in the
sky until we passed Battle Mountain on the way home. Good salt, temps in the
30's-40's at night and the 50's and 60's in the daytime hours. No lines (75
cars), only one rollover (#906 Modified Sport from Ohio), several spins
(always prevalent with roadsters of any kind), the Crosley AA/FCC of Wooden's
went 295 on alky unblown, Teague went 37?, many, many runs over 300 by
various cars, density (corrected) altitudes of 4000 ft, + every day, lots of
time to bench-race and visit.
                                        Doug King
                                        XXF/FMR #1313