Re: Ecta meet

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ecta meet
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 20:52:16 -0500
At 09:30 PM 10/31/1999 -0800, Keith Turk wrote:

**SNIP**Great weather .... Better People... and a good time was had by all....

  I was one of the folks that wasn't having a good time at all when I first
arrived at Maxton on Saturday.  Already about 4 hours later than I'd
intended, I get the car off the trailer and realize I have 10 pounds of
halon sitting at home.  If it hadn't been for Keith passing by and John
Beckett finding a way for me to get through tech I probably would've packed
up and gone home.  After much thrashing I finally got a few runs in, and
even though I ran the engine much hotter than I wanted it seems to have
survived.
  I can't recall who it was that mentioned it, but once again I heard
someone mention how great it was to see such a good turn-out at an ECTA
event.  They hoped that with such a showing the association would be able to
keep going.  I thought about that for a second and figured that by now, and
thanks to the much improved communication provided by this list, the ECTA
has become as unstoppable as a runaway train.  Even if John and Lionel lost
interest (FAT CHANCE!!) somebody else would step up and keep things going.
  After we got home on Sunday I looked back on the weekend, and even with
the rough start, the time change, and the troubles I had with the engine
temperature, it was still a great weekend.  The winter break may give me
enough time to get ready for the next event, and refine my list of things to
bring along.  I look forward to seeing everyone at Maxton next spring.

Chuck Rothfuss
"USS Wankel"