Gasoline !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1]

To: "Land-speed@autox.team.net" <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gasoline !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1]
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:06:31 -0500
Did ask the pros and cons at the time.....suggested that the tune-up i
was running was very conservative and ran the same fuel with the same
engine with all else the same before.. But the engine has never run as
good at Bonneville on the ERC as it has run on the dyno with c12 or
c14..I have gone to the trouble to run the ERC on the dyno at pretty
serious expense to get it to the east coast and for my engine it was
just not as good on the dyno either. The engine was just plain lazy at
best and down on power also.  And yes i am very aware of all the
altitude factors and loss of performance.  It just seems as though the
fuel is a moving target at times, I have asked in the past for the fuel
we ran last year and at times the answer is well we have this now to
take it's place. was only suggesting an alternative that is widely used
in almost all other forms of racing..As things get bigger and from my
experience as limited as it is at Bonneville 92...99 seems like going to
what larger organizations do is not always a bad thing..
Dahlgren