Thanks and a question..

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks and a question..
From: "Seeley, Dale E" <Dale.Seeley@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 14:50:53 -0500
Thanks to all who responded with info about the 2000 Maxton season and the
actual location of the event.  Now all I have to do is get the car legal.

I have the SCTA rulebook for 1999 and have gone through it looking for the
stuff I need to do to get legal.  I have several questions, but will post
them one at a time to keep things organized.

I interpret the rule regarding arn and leg restraints to require a net that
extends from the roofline of the cage to the floor of the car in a
production car (Neon) with operable doors.

Is this true? and also, have I misinterpreted the rules to require a cage in
a production vehicle that will not exceed 140 mph on a good day?

Basic questions, I know, but the wife won't be happy to find I installed a
cage (and net) on the daily driver if it wasn't required....

Have fun,
Dale

Sorry about the lack of homophobic material in this post, I'll try try
harder next time.