New

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: New
From: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Date: 14 Nov 99 07:51:34 PST
Hi everybody,
My name is Phillip Landry and I want to race at Bonneville
someday.  My friend Gary Ferstl and I are building a 27 Ford
roadster (Speedway body) to run in XF/BGMR.  We're hoping
to be ready to run in 2001.

Gary and I both had been into street rods with what most
would call "beaters" or daily drivers.  I drove a chopped
47 Pontiac (pictured in the centerfold of Street Rodder
for the 88 street rod nats coverage), pinto powered T-bucket,
a 56 ford truck (chopped, shortened, lowered).  Gary had
a 30 model A (channeled,small block chevy), 55 Nomad,currently
drives nice 70 chevy truck.  We both feel Bonneville racing
is the birth place of all American racing and the last place
a amature can still race on a limited budget and have fun.

I think in some small way we are trying to connect to the
origins of racing by running a flathead. Phillip Landry