Re: El Mirage

To: Daniel Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: El Mirage
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:34:30 -0800
Hello Dan and List,
Yes Dan, I enjoyed talking with you, many other old friends at El Mirage
this past weekend. I have reached a new plateau in my racing career, I'm
spending some time getting better acquainted with longtime associates. I
think that many of us tend to get so wrapped up in the task at hand that
relationships suffer. I know that has been true in my case. When I am
thrashing (most of the time) I'm off in another world, totally engulfed
in my problem solving efforts and don't present a very friendly
attitude. (With my mental capacity, I can't be distracted, its a total
effort.)

Our El Mirage trip was great. (The last organized event of the century.)
The weather cooperated. Cool mornings, not too hot days, and almost no
wind. Spent lots of time visiting with friends, witnessed some fast
times, "Fast Freddy" posted a 305 MPH run, Leggitt ran in the high
290's. However, our car didn't perform as planned, but that is the norm!
I have been humbled again. It is obvious that I have to learn, again,
how to run gasoline. We had trouble with loading up spark plugs and
spending too much time getting into the power range in high gear. At
least we have seven months to get something figured out. We were able to
coax only 182.67 MPH out of our ride.

Just wait until next year!!!
Tom (we hold the fuel records) Bryant