Re: ARDUN to FIREPOWER Hemi

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ARDUN to FIREPOWER Hemi
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:10:35 -0800 (PST)
Yuh.  I've read that in a few places.  If you
come right down to it, they would have been
stupid not to look at what had already been done
rather than just jumping in and trying to
re-invent the wheel.  An Ardun would be neat, no
doubt about it - but I think I could probably
pickup half a dozen small Dodge and Desoto hemis
for the price of those heads.

--- ARDUNDOUG@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/19/1999 9:37:04 AM
> Pacific Standard Time,
> lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:
>
> <<
>
>  if
>  > anyone is crazy enough to tackle a set of
> these
>  > dinosauers.
>  >
> Ardun
>  > Doug King in Castro's Valley,
>  > CA.
>  >

>  I'm certain that I fit the "crazy enough"
> part,
>  but I know my wallet won't.  I was just
> curious.
>  I think I'll have to stick with my old Evans
>  flatheads and the ol' elephant hemi, and leave
>  the Arduns to my dreams.
>
>   >>
> Dick,
>     Ironically(sp?) the Ardun is widely
> believed to be the father of
> Chrysler's 1951 331 Hemi. Rumor has it that
> when the MoPar engineers drew up
> the 331 Hemi in 1950 they had an Ardun head and
> a 331 Cadillac Kettering V8
> lower-end on the drawing table, combining the
> two to make their first
> OHV.......Ardun Doug in CA.

=====
Dick J in East Texas