Re: Vandenberg runway

To: "Wester S Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vandenberg runway
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 10:11:45 -0500
    Wes

    How long is the runway at Vandenburg anyway?  And whats at either end?
If you think the Militay is wraped in red tape try the FAA. The big problem
may be getting the base commander to let Gold Coast Roadsters Club/SCTA have
it, not once, but six times a year.

    There is a beautiful 15,000' strip of concrete in Oklahoma...old SAC
base...about half way between East and West coast, but the FAA rules with
iron fist.

    John Beckett