A basic question

To: "Land-Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: A basic question
From: "Dave Lum" <dimer@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:45:23 -0800
I've been lurking since this list had four members I think (hey, it's
Chuck's fault I'm here anyhow) and Wow! this list has grown in the few short
months it's been around - nice to see all the participation!

I have a "basic moron question of curiousity". Do most of you spend more
time into the aerodynamic development or developing more engine power? This
probably varies with the classes I realize - or is it similar to some other
race-car type stuff where you can get an engine from shop A (where other
land-speed guys might go) and chassis from shop B - or is it more like "hey,
I wanna see how fast I can get this old brick to go" and develop from an
on-hand platform?

If those questions bore you - what are some of your main reasons for doing
this? 1) To set a record   2) To see how fast you can afford to go  3) To
see how broke you can go before calling it quits (ok that last one doesn't
really count) 4) some other reason?

Thanks,
Dave Lum
www.datsuns.com