Re: [Re: A basic question]

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: A basic question]
From: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Date: 30 Nov 99 05:15:18 PST
ardunbill@webtv.net wrote:
Why do this, Dave?  Everyone's reasons would be a little different.
Mine:  1.  The joy of solving complex problems  2.  Curiosity about what
it's like to drive a car like mine up to its potential  3. Technical
challenge of getting the car to run up to the standards for this type.
4.  Fellowship  5.  Opportunity to associate with technical
overachievers  6.  Nostalgia; wanted to find out what the Bonneville
guys experienced with cars like this one when I was a lad back in the
'50s reading Hot Rod Magazine and daydreaming.  7. Something to do (two
essentials in retirement are a. enough money b. something interesting to
do)

Just getting a Hilborn fuel injector to work right would keep most
people busy for a long long time!!  Regards,  ArdunBill from Chesapeake,
VA

Hi guys,
I had a dream not too long ago that I was trying to prove
to my father that I was a good mechanic. He passed away
over fifteen years ago and was a mechanic himself. Maybe
I'm still trying to live up to his expectations. Phil