Re: New Class

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: New Class
From: tschoen <j82244@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:00:47 -0500
I may be off base,but as someone who just set two records in the "correct"
classes(H/GT,H/MS) and broke two records in "move-up" classes(E/GT,F/MS) I'm of
the  opinion that allowing the option to run up classes is good for both the
organization and the racers.It's a lot more interesting/fun to have the option
to break several records than to be confined to one class,paticularly after
towing the12 hours to get to Maxton.As long as the car/bike meets appropriate
safety standards and does not get an unfair advantage in the alternate class,let
it run.Many ECTA records would not exist if  running up/over was disallowed.I
believe we should follow SCTA rules for the most part(safety/primary
classification),but this may be a diversion that makes sense.It gives racers
more possibilities and the orgaization more support($'s).Anyway ,I feel better
now.Keep up the good work!
                                                Tim Schoeny