Re: A fuel question

To: OHFASTONE@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A fuel question
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:11:05 -0600
Hi Gang,
Propylene Oxide is a very volatile liquid that is commonly used as a fuel
"heater" ie, cause the fuel to burn faster. Works well with Hydrazine and
helps slow burning fuels burn faster (nitro)........if anybody really
wanted to do that. Can keep the fuel burning at a rate that keeps up with
piston speed at RPMs above 6500 (or so) so a "lean-out" is not required and
timing advance can be kept relatively benign.
Also rather explosive.
Anybody care to add to that? I'd be interested.
Skip Higginbotham, Bastrop, Texas 2:10 CST 11/30