Why we race

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why we race
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:07:45 -0600
Group
My 2 cents worth:

We race because this is the last great amateur race in the world.

 Who are we racing against? I bet we are racing ourselves.  Every pass is to
try to run faster than we did on the last pass.

Why do we race what we race?  Most of us run what we've got.  I've got
flatheads and ARDUN's, so I race them.  Those of us with the old engines get
the priveledge of racing the greats who raced 40 or 50 years ago.

Electronics, roller cams, screw blowers, and other widgets make you go
faster.  It is called progress.

Dave Thomssen
The Hayseed
Lincoln Nebraska