Bonneville sounds and spring rates

To: "List Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonneville sounds and spring rates
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:13:57 -0800
Hi Wes and all;
     First off, Wes I would love a copy answer back with cost and address
and
Ill send it to you.

     New subject; what does the group think about spring rates for LSR cars.
We run the modified solid mount on smooth courses and use torsion bars
with humungus spring rates for rough tracks. It seems to work pretty well
and the ride is sure smoother with the bar setup, especially on the return
road when you can hear all the rattling and banging.
     I am now in the process of building a street roadster to run in F
class.
Right now the springs I have in the rear are rated at 90 inch pounds. They
seem way too loose, I am used to jumping up and down on the push bar
and getting more tire flex than suspension motion. Of course all the
chassis shops that sell these coil spring setups are thinking drag race
where they want some squat and weight transfer and they recommended
these springs for the estimated car weight (2000 lbs.). I am thinking of
changing to 180 or 200 inch pound springs, what do you all think.
Jim in Palmdale

----421 N. Palmer, Glendale, California----
----where real Indy cars were made-----