Sounds of Bonneville Record

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Sounds of Bonneville Record
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:32:38 -0800
Jim,
It has been a long time since I heard that record. It was on the
Riverside Label, I believe.

The cars of the day were Mickey Thompson (A/S), Ermie Immerso (A/S),
Herda & Hartelt (B&C/S), Vesco-Dinkins (D/S), Shadoff Special (C/S),
Brissette Bros. & Eichenholfer (A/L), Tom Beaty (B/L), Markley Bros. &
Flynn (C/L), Larsen & Cummings (A/MR), Bob Summers (B/MR), Don Allen
(C/MR), Warren Biggs Chevrolet-Joe Pisano (C/GC), L.W. "Knotts"
Farrington (AS/R), The Brute (motorcycle), also WESTERN POTTER (C/GC),
BRYANT, YATES, & GRAHAM (C/GR). I went to my 1959 Bonneville Program to
get these entries.

Just a little history of BNI, Those on the BNI board of directors in
1959 were: Carroll Thompson, William Davis, George Hill, Paul Stratton,
J. Otto Crocker, Bob Higbee, John Cramer, Dean Batchelor, and Jim
Frostrom.
Over the years the control of the Bonneville Nationals drifted away from
the founding SCTA. There was an attempt by the existing board to get
some kind of a partnership between BNI and FIA (I don't remember the
details) BNI also made an attempt to organize a paid membership
situation, similar to what we have now, but the timing was wrong, I
guess, so they failed.

In 1961, during my tenure as president (1961 & '62), the BNI Board came
to the SCTA Board, in debt, and gave the debt and control back to the
SCTA. We set up the BNI Board in such a way so the SCTA would retain
control in the future. The 1961 board consisted of: Bob Higbee, Tom
Bryant, Jim Lindsley, Harry Woerner, Bill Graham, Emil Grisotti, Jerry
Eisert, Eugene Ohly, Bruce Giesler, Fred Wilert, Glen Deeds, and Tom
Finn.

By the way, I have been getting my Bonneville memorabilia together and
have found that I need the following issues: 1960, 1969, & 1983 (flooded
out). I have extra copies of 1961, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1984, &
1991. If anyone has any or all of the needed copies, or if someone needs
the years that I have the extra copies, please let me know.

Tom, Redding CA 10:30 AM PST