Re: Starting line Procedures

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starting line Procedures
From: "David Haller" <dhaller@techline.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:27:21 -0800
Good thought Keith,
What I experienced this year at the start line I will never forget. Getting
through the licensing was a blast, once I did that and got my B license I
had some lunch, that was on day two. After eating I had my crew push me to
the start line and waited. I finished suiting up, bent over double and
squeezed into my ride. After getting comfortable in the seat and getting
belted in there was a delay in the line moving up. I was one car back and
was so comfy I took a cat nap. You know, I seem to do the same thing at work
after lunch, or at least I want to. Anyway, my crew nudged me and I came
around and was ready to go. The starter gave me the sign to fire it, I
pulled my visor down, reached up and lit that bad boy and came to life when
it lit. There is nothing on this planet that can get to me like a thumping
V-8 at Bonneville coupled with accelerating down the course to speeds that
most only dream of. This was the year my dream came true and I look forward
to many more down at the salt.
Dave Haller #93 C/GALT