Re: Crosleys

To: HKMNSTRODS@aol.com, saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Re: Crosleys
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 07:51:23 -0800 (PST)
i recall being at Sebring once many, many years
ago and a couple of Crosleys beat up bad on some
much more exotic European stuff.  One of my
highschool buddies built a little hand made
roadster (might have used bed rails) that
couldn[t have weighed much more than 700 or 800
lbs.  it had a crosley and he had rigged two
sidedraft motorcycle carbs on it.  He was always
beating up the more conventional hot rods in
town.

--- HKMNSTRODS@aol.com wrote:
> Tom,
> I raced hydroplanes in the 60's that were
> Crosley powered. Most of the time
> we could keep them together at 8600-9000 some
> guys claimed 10,000 but, they
> didn't live long at that rpm. We ran Isky cam,
> methanol, Vertex mag.Amal side
> draft carbs. Very remarkable little engines.
> Skip in Fla.

=====
Dick J in East Texas
 - - ECTA #72 - -