Re: Fwd: Re: Fun Gifts?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Fun Gifts?
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:36:12 -0500
Skip, List,

  For those of you who aren't on the shop-talk list
(shop-talk@autox.team.net) along with this list here's a tip that I sent
earlier today.  I'm sure Skip can use it, amd there may be a few others who
have never tried this.  I learned it while working in small speed shops in
Japan where the land lord usually lived in the apartment above the shop.

>> One of my Christmas gifts to myself was a new 1/4" air ratchet.
Beautiful little thing, it'll make me money at work, but with 150 PSI of
shop air it's really loud.  Now maybe everyone already does this, but just
in case, I've found that a bicycle inner tube attached over any rear exhaust
air tool makes a pretty good muffler.  It also gives me a tad more
flexability in tight spaces, since I can run a small flexible hose right up
to the tool with the air chuck connection at the end of the 3' inner tube
muffler.  This keeps me from dragging a heavy air hose up under the dash,
and eliminates any possibility of getting air tool oil on a new cars
interior.  Keeps 'em nice and quiet, and puts that cold exhaust away from
your hands in the winter.<<

Chuck "Deaf as a post" Rothfuss
Pole Cat Hollow, NC