Re: Multiple Engine Classes

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Multiple Engine Classes
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 08:00:18 -0800 (PST)
Hey Keith,
I enjoyed our little "chat" yesterday.  We got
off the subject when I started talking about
changeing engines at the track.  Were you saying
that it was a great idea, or a bumber?  My
thought was,  in a roadster, with such open
access, it was like eight bolts, a couple of
cooling lines, a fuel line, a throttle linkage, a
clutch linkage and a piece of ignition wire and
Bam! It's out.  I figured something like half an
hour to an hour for the whole swap if the trailer
was set up with a small hoist on a swivel boom,
and the second motor is ready to go in with a
second tranny attached to the motor and all. I
was doing the Porsche in 12 - 15 minutes between
races.  It seems that with a little prior
planning, a "quick change" motor system could be designed.

=====
Dick J
in east Texas
ECTA #72  FX/GMR