Re: Multiple Engine Classes

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Multiple Engine Classes
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:04:40 -0600
Oh we were talking about motor swaps... on the salt with my car it wasn't
to bad.... had some great help with a couple of friends and good advice
from John.... I have made the statement to a couple of folks that the day
we swapped the motor out there was one of the best days in my Life....

Just a great experience.... and doing that no matter how bad it was at
times.....(salt in the eyes) it was part of the learning that I wanted...
unlike lots of the folks on this list... I don't have a ton of experience
racing a car... there isn't any substitute for the real thing.... even if
the motor we were putting in wasn't going to be faster at least I can say I
have done a motor swap at Bonneville.   Pretty cool statement.

and your absolutely right ... if that motor hadn't been in the car before
or we hadn't planned it as well as we did.... it would have been a
nightmare....
you would think that any two small blocks would be the same but the
differences were actually astounding.... little stuff like Pulley bolts
being fine Vs course thread....

fun stuff.... Keith