Re: Welcome & High Speed Tires

To: <richk@sparta-junction.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Welcome & High Speed Tires
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:06:48 -0600
Hey Rich... yeah we always want to hear more from anyone interested in this
stuff....

Tires... for Maxton... hmmm First you might try the archives to read all
the conversations that have gone on ref: tires.... but the supply isn't
really dry you just kinda have to Look around... for Maxton I have Two Sets
of Radials that are speed rated and I tried a set of front runners only to
find out that the concrete isn't very user friendly to a skinny tire...

My next set for Maxton will be some used Nascar Radials....

Don't know much bout Flat heads or Y blocks... but I sure have learned a
ton about Garbage truck motors hanging out here....(Ardun's)

the Archives are located at www.listquest.com under the heading of
Hobbies/auto/racing/landspeed

Thanks for the Intro.... and my STONG recommendation is to come to
Maxton.... great place with super folks.... I will be there with the Camaro
in the spring.... don't have a clue what the motor will sound like but we
are going to have a ball one way or the other...

Keith

> From: Richard Kensicki <richk@sparta-junction.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Welcome & High Speed Tires
> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 1:51 PM
>
> Keith
>     Thanks for the invite. I'm on another mail list about Y-Blocks and
we've
> been talking about what was(is) the fastest Y-Block, think it was
Black57Tbird.