Re: Welcome & High Speed Tires

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welcome & High Speed Tires
From: Richard Kensicki <richk@sparta-junction.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:51:17 -0500
Keith
    Thanks for the invite. I'm on another mail list about Y-Blocks and we've
been talking about what was(is) the fastest Y-Block, think it was Black57Tbird.
Well I found out about the ECTA last year and plan to spectate one of the meets
this year (might be April) and I have a couple blocks and cranks and stuff
sitting around and D/MR  would be a nice fit and I haven't built a race car in
almost 20 years and I can still see that picture from the library book I used
to take out when I was 12 showing  Frank Lockhart flying down the beach. From
this point it starts to get wierd, want more?

    Oh; and tires. What's being used today for speed over 200? When I see
articles about Bonneville, El Mirage they always talk about the cost of
highspeed Goodyears and the supply drying up. What do they use at Maxton on the
concrete?

Rich