Re: Nissan on Dyno

To: V4GR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Nissan on Dyno
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:03:55 -0500
The torque # is about 100 off with 190... the hp is pretty disappointing
too. a twin cam that is good typically makes 2.4 to 2.6 hp/cu/in if all
is right.. 430 to 460 is in the ball park for the hp in this store any
way.. we make over 300 with a 2 liter 4 cylinder and the same torque you
are making..But with a lot of money too. the 4 banger is worth about 30k
new and 18k used.. the 2 liter engine gets on the cam at about 6500 and
makes peak torque at 8700 and peak power at 10k rpm.. Sorry if this
sounds bad and am certainly do not want to boast but it is an honest
answer...my first suggestion is lose the cams fast..they are not helping
you a bit.. this thing should really want to spin and the right cams
would not have even got going until 6000....then start looking at the
heads and intake/exhaust system.. For the HP/dollar i suspect you have a
winner..

Dave Dahlgren