cad-cam

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: cad-cam
From: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Date: 31 Dec 99 07:24:36 PST
Hi Folks,
I work for Mazak (one of the world's largest manufacturers of CNC equipment)
and in my limited experience I have not seen such equipment. I believe it is
available but would not be inexpensive and would require great expertise to
operate. Possibly in the aerospace industry such equipment is more common.
Most of my customers are in the oilfield industry.
We do have one customer who machines cylinder heads for old airplanes from new
castings. He has spend much time programming and modifying his machine to
create these parts. To make a limited run of only ten or so would have been
very expensive in my opinion. This is not to say if you find someone
interested in your project enough to do it at a much reduced cost it wouldn't
become feasable, but the parts on a machine like you mentioned has to be very
expensive or in great volumes to pay for such a machine. This is only my
humble opinion and I will try to check with the home office to see if we have
any customers with the cababilities mentioned. Phil Landry