Re: V6 & Dynamometer

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: V6 & Dynamometer
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:59:37 EST
Bill; The motor came in early 300zx cars later ones are twin cam 4 valve.
Also they came in Maxima sedans and I think Pickups. This one was left at a
shop after owner had replacement installed.    The Superflow Dyno is a
computer controlled unit that belongs to and is installed at Al Liest-Machine
Shop Service, in San Mateo. Outside of his building it is very quiet. 15
years ago or so I ran my Howard Head GMC on Don Ferguson's dyno. They ran
open headers in a Quansen Hut. Very loud. Don must have seen some promise
there as he asked us to drag out a Jimmy he had stashed away, and began
working with it and forsaking his Ardun.
                                                        Jack Costalla had a
GoPower dyno in his back yard next to a Church. Well muffled he got away with
it but decided it took up to much room. He asked my if I wanted it but it
would be just as big here.   Rich