Re: "CAD-CAM"

To: Hyatt-Engineering-Ltd@fuse.net (Hyatt Engineering Ltd.),
Subject: Re: "CAD-CAM"
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 10:50:01 -0500 (EST)
Greg, thank you so much for that interesting and well-written
description of what cad-cam can do.  It can obviously do wonders
compared to what we 1939 dinosaurs came along with.  But, as you say, it
ain't cheap so it's not going to be the answer for 'one-offs' or small
numbers of race car parts.

I think I recall that 'SABCO' makes racing heads for NASCAR- type
engines, is that right?  It almost surprises me that there would be
enough sales volume there to support such costly investments in
manufacturing equipment.

Regards,  ArdunBill