Re: Of rears and horsepower and speeds

To: "Richard Kensicki" <richk@sparta-junction.com>,
Subject: Re: Of rears and horsepower and speeds
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:59:34 -0600
Rich.... I run a 9" because the Camaro had one when I bought it.... Not as
easy to change gears as the quick change but a bunch easier then the 10 bolt
chevrolet that I understand takes the least Hp.

Gear changes take me about 15 min in my shop.... and about two hours on the
salt.... yeah I know.... but you gotta drink a couple of Sodas and smoke a
half a pack during the process.... We have been evaluating a Quick change
for the Bugeye.... the big advantage is the Range of gear choices especially
in the Small numbers .... the normal 9" gears that you can find are 2.47,
275, 3.00, 3.25, 3.55 and up... we also have a couple of custom gear sets
3.07, 2.94

As for Maxton.... it really depends on how much Hp you can put to the
ground... I think any of them will live even with the Talladega Nascar
tires...

Keith  D/GALT #462