Re: Bonneville Site updated

To: popms@thegrid.net
Subject: Re: Bonneville Site updated
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 01:47:22 EST
       Hey Doug  ---  At least you got  INTO  the chat room !    I  know  I
have  a
WHOLE  lot to learn about using these 'puters --- have only been on this list
a month
or so, and starting to see how  finickey these babies can be ( sometimes )
I  have
received  a number of  L S R  car photos from new friends here on the list,
but  have only been able to view or print out about one - quarter of those ,
yet the computer
indicated they all were down - loaded  OK , and shows them to be stored in
files.
     I  need a good book with the BASICS , as  I  surely feel  illiterate
when trying
to cope with some of this .  I  can forward the photos to pals, who email me
right
back and say " what a great looking car ! "    Don't  think we're alone in
this ---- I'm
hearing it quite a bit .  My pal  Jack  Eaton, brother of  NHRA  Ed  ( both
pioneer
Long  Island hotrodders ),  told me the other day he'd rather rebuild a motor
in a
snowbank than figure out his new computer !    Guess the old adage 'bout  old
dogs  and  new  tricks  hits pretty close to home !
      I did check out the  TEAM  AMO  site recently, and it's impressive !
VERY
nice job, guys .        By the way , Doug , are you possibly related to
Bill  Odom,
who set a  speed record  for traveling around the world in an airplane in
1947 ???
      ------  If you think you type  SLOW  ----   you  should see me  ------
     I don't dare look back ---  SNAIL  MAIL  might be gaining on me .

                                      Racing  Regards,   Bruce  Ferguson