Re:

To: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Subject: Re:
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:18:26 -0800
Group,

What has to be remembered here is that the unit will only flow what the
engine is capable of pumping. John's figures are likely correct as the
potential flow.

I have a similar set up, but big isn't always better! The flow will be
limited by heads, cam, bore & stroke, etc. In this area velocity is
king! I have been told that a good set of production heads can be ruined
by improper porting.

I remember well in the old days drag racing, people would remove the
velocity controls in the secondaries on carburetors or install
carburetors that were too large for the engine. The result was a
stumbling off the line and loss in the low end performance.

Tom, Redding CA, #216 D/CC - Its raining and in the 50's here.