Re: caster

To: "Kim & Brad Johnson" <b091696@snowhill.com>,
Subject: Re: caster
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:03:16 -0500
    Brad

    I don't think there is any Caster adjustment on your 82-92 Firebird. But
I believe there are kits that will correct this situation. I'm running 10
deg. in mine, but have run 5 to 6 degrees at, 200  MPH, with out any
problems. I believe there are lowering spindles that will drop the front
about two inches...try your Summit catalog. You can cut the springs to drop
another inch but be careful here...your now changing alignment geometry and
it will change Camber settings. Another problem created by adding a bunch of
Caster your usually going to cause a bump-steer problem if you not careful.
    Anybody know alignment specs Kugal runs in his Firebird?

    John Beckett, LSR #79