Re: caster

To: Kim & Brad Johnson <b091696@snowhill.com>
Subject: Re: caster
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:17:46 -0800
Brad, Don't get carried away trying to get a ton of caster. You don't
need as much as you might think on a smooth surface. A bunch of caster
also jacks weight every time you turn the wheel. If you don't believe me
just put a car on four scales and turn the front wheels lock to lock and
watch the weight change. If you change the ride height, work on the bump
steer. That is one thing that what will cause it to feel funny. NASCAR
Cup cars with 110 inch WB only use 3 1/2 to 5 deg.
                Doug Odom