Re: Gages on a racecar

To: V4GR@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gages on a racecar
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:31:08 EST
In a message dated 01/20/2000 4:21:33 PM Pacific Standard Time, V4GR@aol.com
writes:

<< Actually when I was driving my coupe at the salt, Gary Williams taped over
 the tach so that I wouldn't waste time looking at it. In later years I did
 the same thing to my roadster since tachs are not all that accuart, and you
 get a time slip which is what counts anyway.  Rich Fox---stuck in the dark
 ages

Rich,
    Yeah, but on the long-course with a longevity challenged engine, the tach
tells me whether I'm making any progress past Mile 3. No point flogging an
aging horse for 5 miles when It was running as hard as it was going to at the
3 Mile.
    Also, using a high-revving (for a Flatty) cam and a three-speed tranny, I
need to make sure I don't short-shift and fall out of the bottom of the cam
RPM range.
                                                Ardun Doug in CA