Re: Streamliners

To: Marge and/or Dave Thomssen <mdthom@radiks.net>
Subject: Re: Streamliners
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:44:19 -0800
The 175 rule was in place since as far back as i can remember, it' was when we
only ran one course and to speed things up the slower cars were restricted until
they could exceed the qualifier speed. With two courses the rule remains in
effect to keep the slowr vehicles from tying up the long course. So will run the
full five miles at 100 mph if allowed. Some still do hoping somewhere along the
engine will clean out and they will get a little more speed. They also are not
going fast enough to clear the course to the return road.

Glen