Re: Everything!!

To: David Haller <dhaller@techline.com>
Subject: Re: Everything!!
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:01:27 -0800
One must remember the faster you go the smaller the chute,least you get slammed
into the belts a little harder. The size is critical as is the length of the tow
line, to short can cause the vehicle lift the rear off the surface as well a
whip the car around. The attachment point is also important. Some are pretty
weak. The main thing is keep it clean,wet,dirty or salt starched chutes don't
open well.We see some ugly things from the timing trailer and it gets a little
spooky at times wondering what will happen with a chute driving the back of the
vehicle.
When I see a chute or other problem I try to let the crews Know via CB radio as
to whats going on. We also relay the info to the tech people if we feel they
need to look into it.