Re: TEMPERATURE TANTRUMS

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TEMPERATURE TANTRUMS
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:57:20 -0700
Glen,
How about within sight of each venue.  Maybe fifteen miles driving distance.
 We did it on the weekend of Mother's day a while back.  Good powder snow
too ... although we cheated and did the water skiing in the afternoon when
it warmed up a bit.
One evening ten of us were being towed at the end of a long line by a cabin
cruiser on the Great Salt Lake.  It was a gorgeous evening with a beautiful
sunset and we were enjoying ourselves immensely ... until we hit an area
with fresh water springs.  People were expecting the bouyancy and when it
wasn't there, several panicked.  We had a life preserver on the end of the
line and that was what we used to help them get to the ladder and a fresh
water rinse in the eyes and mouth.  If you had the know how you probably
could have almost walked on water at that time.  If they let you get access
to the saltier north arm of the lake you probably could do it now.  We'll
have to show you where it is and let you have a go at it after Speed Week.
The first white explorers went onto the lake in bull boats ... buffalo skins
stretched over willow frames.  Tip over and get your head under water and it
would be agony!  Not for me.
Wes
----------
> From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
> To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
> Subject: Re: TEMPERATURE   TANTRUMS
> Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:11:00 -0800
>
>Out here we can water ski in the morning and snow ski in the after noon all
>within a 100 miles. We can still be home in time for a Bar-B - Q. We can
pick our
>weather most of the time. My favoret white is salt as it is warmer and you
don't
>need to shovel it to go somewhere, of course the down side is rust. Wes
thinks he
>can walk across the great salt lake and he probably can, hell nothing can
sink in
>it
>Glen
>
>FastmetalBDF@aol.com wrote:
>
>>        SKIP,  DICK  J ,   GLEN  :       YOU  GUYS  REALLY  KNOW  HOW  TO
>> RUB  IT  IN  !!!      ............. " it' s a little cooler today "
>> ............ " that' s why I moved to  Texas " ............. " what' s
snow
>> ?  .........   Well,  you two in  Texas,
>> just  WAIT  a  little  while  ------  you' re  being   AIRMAILED  AN
ARCTIC
>> ARRIVAL
>>   ------  from  some  of  us   up  in  the   FRIGID   ZONE  !        Be
SURE
>>  to  let
>> us  ALL  know  what  your   AIR   CONDITIONERS  are  set  at  ------  ON
>> MONDAY
>>   -------  IF  going  for  a  dip  in  the  POOL ,   LOOK   TWICE
before
>> you  jump !
>>  we  hope  you' ll   ENJOY  a  little  taste  of  what  we' ve  got
around
>> here  ---------
>>        Right  now  it' s  8  degrees  outside  my  door ,  and   WIND
CHILL
>>  is
>> checking  in  at   31   BELOW   ZERO .     The   BEST   part  is  it' s
>> still  on
>> the  way   DOWN  .         GLEN ,  please  don' t  feel  slighted ,  we
just
>>  could
>> NOT  arrange  a  shipment  to  you  ------  SORRY  ' bout  that  .
MAYBE