RE: Re: Tires

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Re: Tires
From: "Parks, David" <David.Parks@lfr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:20:28 -0800
One thing to keep in mind is that even though front drag tires are rated for
higher speeds, they have not been designed to tranfer power. There are
several people who run them on the rear at the Lakes, but there's not much
traction there. I don't know how well they will hold up on a concrete course
with lots of traction (at least compared to the Lakes). The Goodyears I have
been running are from the same molds as their Frontrunners, but they beefed
up the carcass for land speed use.
Land speed racing may not have the shock loading that you see at the drags,
but the cars still have to get the power to the ground, and it puts a pretty
good load on the tires.