Four Season LSR Racing

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Four Season LSR Racing
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:24:29 -0800 (PST)

--- John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
wrote:
> Winter LSR? Well I guess we could extend LSR to
> all four seasons. Might be
> fun. Still have to rely on Mother Nature to
> cooperate.
>
> John Beckett, LSR #79

John, I know you said that, sort of tongue in
cheek, but it brings up something I've thought of
often.  My choices for race weekends is severly
limited because I have a "crew member" in school,
and I don't want her grades to suffer because of
my habit.  I wonder how many other family racers
have to schedule their racing around a kid in
school. My racing is strictly limited to middle
of June to middle of August.   One holiday
weekend during the spring or fall would greatly
expand opportunities for guys like me.  I realize
scheduling races is already a balancing act
(especially with you and NASCAR right over the
next rise from Maxton) but what's the possibility
that ECTA and/or USFRA  could do one  weekend
worked around Labor Day or something.  Even a New
Years Day might attract more racers than you
think.  Who said we have to follow the
"traditional" race season?
Oh well, just my rambling thoughts.
Thanks for "listening".