global warming

To: "DOUG ODOM" <popms@thegrid.net>
Subject: global warming
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 08:51:07 -0500
> Thanks, Doug
> ps How do you like shoving Al Gores Global Warming

    Ya know I've always questioned Al's presumptions. Now I just read in a
recent National Geographic (I know it ain't a car mag) that the sun is
getting hotter. Hey wouldn't that explain this global warming thing without
blaming all us Hot Rodders? Acid Rain is another story, but that's mostly
manufacturing companies.
    Time magazine (yeah it ain't a car mag either) reported this week that,
due to Pacific ocean temp changes, we are headed back to a stormy period
like 1945 to 1975. As I recall it was a lot colder then too.
     Not a damn thing we can do about the SUN. In 5 million years it's gonna
blow up anyway.

John Beckett, LSR #79