turbos

To: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: turbos
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:03:36 -0500
OK guys, I got a turbo question. The basics are: 258 cid Chevy V-8, 10 to 1
comp., twin T-04's, 118 octane gas. Can I run 5 to 9 lbs. of boost without
an intercooler and not hurt the engine? I know I can get more HP with
one...but in my comp coupe air to air is out of the question (no grill
opening) and I haven't found a practical design for air to water yet that I
can build. All the info I can find so far says yes. After 10 lbs. detonation
may be a problem?

Next, what's a good inexpensive waste gate to use when not going over 10  to
15 lbs. of boost (even with an intercooler)? Any used ones out there?

John Beckett, LSR #79