Re: RE. Youth in LSR

To: Drylakercr@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE. Youth in LSR
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:11:26 EST
In a message dated 01/30/2000 9:36:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Drylakercr@aol.com writes:

<<
 Here, here to families racing together...but don't forget about father's and
 their daughters (i.e. myself and Leslie Danielson and our dads). I know that
 I have spent many a memory filled Sundays out at the lakes with my dad and
 awesome late summer days on the salt. We've shared some wonderful times as
he
 passes on his love/knowledge for cars and land speed racing with me. And
 then, to brag a little we ended the 1999 SCTA season 5th in points by
 repeatedly breaking each others records.

 This sport is great! May you all share it with those close to you—

 Katie in CA's Bay Area
 #256 XXO/VGC

Katie,
    I agree. After a couple of sons, I wanted a daughter very badly. Alas,
two more sons. The only advantage was that during puberty I knew exactly what
their thought process was. "Been-there-done-that", so don't try BS'ing an old
BS'er.
    Had we had a daughter, my dream would have been that she and I could
share the same things my son Brian and I have...........Ardun Doug in CA.